Aldinga Beach Birth-7 School is in a beautiful coastal community on South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula. Aldinga is like a country town and this close knit, supportive community is very active in our school, local sporting clubs and volunteer organisations such as the CFS. Aldinga is surrounded by Sellicks, Silver Sands, Aldinga and Port Willunga Beaches to the west. The beautiful Aldinga Scrub to the South and the wineries of the Fleurieu Southern Vales to the East. It is a beautiful setting that boasts some of the best beaches in South Australia and is next door to one of the best wine regions in the world.
Aldinga Beach Primary School, now known as Aldinga Beach B-7 School, was first opened in 1856 and was located in the original Aldinga village at the corner of Port Rd and Quinliven Rd. In 1980 the school was relocated to its current site and was officially opened in 1981. Over the years the school has grown and facilities added. Today we are a large school of 790 students, including our Childrens’ Centre. The school boasts purpose built learning environments designed for STEM and to foster independent, focused learners. At the end of 2020 our school will be further enhanced with a new architecturally designed building that will host 7 contemporary learning areas, ideally set up for STEM with world class facilities. This beautiful new learning environment will open on day one of school in 2021.
At Aldinga Beach Birth-7 school we have created a learning community, where we work together to be the best that we can be and strive daily to live the values of RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, CARING AND CONNECTION. We focus on developing capabilities in our students so they are active community members, we foster skills that enable them to become global citizens of the present, we equip children to be powerful learners in a safe, supportive environment, all while encouraging a sense of fun and play to nurture, educate and develop a culture of success.
I am proud of our school and proud to be part of such a supportive and caring community. The children, families and educators of Aldinga B-7 School all work together to ensure that each of us is given every opportunity to be the best that they can be every day.
The dream we have for our Birth-7 school in the future is creating a learning community, where we work together to be the best that we can be.
News & Events
Policies & Documents
- Create positive relationships to become active community members.
- Strengthen skills and build pathways to become global citizens.
- Equip children to be powerful learners in a safe, supportive environment.
- Encourage a sense of fun and play, to nurture, educate and develop a culture of success.
Teaching and Learning Philosophy
- Provide a safe and supportive environment.
- View children as competent and capable.
- Value the experiences and voice of the child.
- Empower learners through differentiation to meet learner’s needs.
- Strengthen social and emotional capabilities.
- Have high expectations.
- Develop stamina for learning.
- Work to continually improve.
- Develop partnerships with families and community.
Governing Council meeting
Term 3 last day, 2pm finish
Father's Day Stall is happening
8am - 8:30am OR 3pm - 3:30pm
Dates to be announced